Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd. is one of the leading importers and distributors of Asian food products from the Pacific Rim and other regions of the world. We are currently looking for a team-player to help us promote high quality products as well as ensure that our products comply with North American food safety standards.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist reports to the QA Manager and provides support to management, Purchasing and other departments in all matters related to food and cosmetic safety and quality. The QA Specialist will also be responsible for leading the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of a food and cosmetic safety and quality management system across the company.
- Compile, maintain, and update QA documentation and Regulatory Submission (e.g., License, Notification Form, PCP, SOPs, etc.) as needed.
- Review QA documents (specification, ingredients, allergens, CoA, labelling and plant food safety documents) to ensure product compliance with Canadian regulations.
- Maintain tracking documentation of department work and output.
- Resolve CFIA and customer complaints and non-conformity issue.
- Hold and Release.
- Lead cross departmental projects (Product development, Recall, Customer complaints, etc.)
- Enforce and verify PCP and SOPs implementation in the company as per SFCR requirements.
- Lead in all internal and external audits/inspections (ie, Warehouse, CFIA, Food processing factories etc.) and take the appropriate corrective action for non-conformances in timely manner.
- Provide training and support for colleagues to follow SOPs and Regulatory requirements
- Assist QA Manager/President to develop and improve company’s Food safety and Quality program and serve as their replacement when required.
- Collaborate with vendor and other departments in an efficient and timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary degree in a related discipline, Food Science, Quality Assurance, Nutrition, Science, Life Sciences or Public Health
- Knowledgeable in Food and Drugs Art and Regulations, Canadian Food Labeling Regulations and requirements, and Cosmetic Regulations
- 2-3 years of progressive work experience in food safety, food and cosmetic labelling, internal audits.
- Possess intermediate to advance skills in Microsoft applications.
- Detail oriented with good organizational and prioritization skills under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong sense of responsibility, self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision while actively participating in a team environment.
- A problem solver and an advocate for continuous improvement
- Good oral and written communication skills in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)
- French, Japanese, Korean or other Asian language skills would be considered an asset
- Paid Vacation, Paid Statutory Holiday
- Full group benefits (Medical, Dental, Life) available upon completion of required hours
If you meet the requirements above, please send us your resume by E-mail with the position you are applying for as the “Subject” email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please also indicate where you learned about this employment opportunity.
The HR team can be reached through text message, WhatsApp or WeChat at 236-334-7369 for inquiries. Please note that telephone calls will not be received through this number.
Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities, if you need accommodation in relation to the materials or process to be used in the selection, please contact our Human Resources Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 604-259-6371.
At Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd., we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.