Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd. is one of the leading importers and distributors of Asian food products from the Pacific Rim and other regions of the world. We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to lead our Operations team in our Ontario office.
The Operations Manager reports to the Regional Director and assists the Regional Director in managing the warehouse and daily office operations including HR and people development, budgeting, planning, administration and warehouse operations in order to ensure ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence, preparing office supplies and equipment requisitions, maintaining office/warehouse equipment, assigning and monitoring clerical functions, liaising with other departments and head office.
- Supervise office and warehouse staff; assign and monitor office administrative functions, recruit and select warehouse and office staff, orient and train employees, coaching and disciplining staff.
- Lead and supervise warehouse operations with the team of supervisors, drivers and pickers of inbound/outbound logistics.
- Achieves warehouse operational objectives by contributing warehouse operations information and recommendations for strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards, resolving problems, completing audits and identifying trends.
- Meets warehouse operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
- Develops warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout and implementing changes.
- Maintain office records and ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date.
- Plan and implement office system, layout and equipment procurement
- Lead and supervise team in Quality Assurance, ensuring operation standards and procedures meet with company policy and audit requirements. Provide corrective action plan and execution in compliance with Loblaws SOP.
Requirements / Must-Haves:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business/Operations/Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Understanding of general finance, budgeting and cost control
- 5+ years of office, warehouse and logistics experience, including warehouse management capacity
- Knowledge of warehouse operation, handling and shipping requirements and regulations
- Experience with APPAC/WMS systems
- Proven leadership skills and great analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication skills (listening, speaking & writing)
- Reliable, accountable and trustworthy
Assets / Nice-to-Haves:
- CPG and Food distribution experience is preferred
- Ability to communicate in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)
- Full group benefits (Medical, Dental, Life), Paid Vacation, Paid Statutory Holiday, etc.
If you meet the requirements above, please send us your resume by E-mail with the position you are applying for as the “Subject” to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The HR team can be reached through text message, WhatsApp or WeChat at 236-334-7369 for inquiries. Please note that telephone calls will not be received through this number.
Please also indicate where you learned about this employment opportunity.
At Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd., we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.