Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd. is one of the leading importers and distributors of Asian food products from the Pacific Rim and other regions of the world. We are currently looking for a HR Coordinator to join our HR team in our BC office.
The HR Coordinator reports to the HR Manager. The ideal candidate will provide support in processing bi-weekly payroll and maintaining the Group Benefit Plan as well as other Payroll and HR administrative duties as assigned from time to time.
- 9AM to 5:30PM (Mon to Fri)
1. Payroll (50%)
- Prepare, calculate and process bi-weekly payroll
- Generate internal bi-weekly payroll reports
- Annual & other salary adjustment procedures
- Annual T4 reconciliation
- TD1 (federal & provincial) reminder to all staff
- Answer and solve payroll related inquiries
- Prepare reports for relevant departments regarding payroll, company budget and expenses
2. Group Benefit Plan Administration (10%)
- Invitation letters to eligible employees
- Enrollment administration (for new employees/termination/salary adjustment)
- Monthly billing
- Annual benefit rates update
- Answer and solve benefit plan related inquiries
3. Staff Bonuses (10%)
- Generate quarterly & semi-annual bonus evaluations, e.g. sales, non-sales, drivers & warehouse staff etc.
- Follow up the evaluation results and process payroll
4. WSIB/WorkSafeBC/ON & BC EHT (5%)
- WSIB: Ontario monthly Billing/Annual Reconciliation
- WorkSafe BC: BC quarterly Billing/Annual Reconciliation
- WorkBC: Alberta
- CNESST: Quebec Monthly Billing
- Ontario & BC quarterly Employee Health Tax Reconciliation
5. Personnel Administration (25%)
- Input and maintain employee information to the HR management information system (Dayforce)
- Maintain hard copy personnel files
- Prepare termination package
- Probation evaluation reminder
- Maintain Pay Grade Structure records
- Other Payroll and HR administrative duties as assigned from time to time
Requirements / Must-Haves:
- Completion of university or college degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or Accounting, plus a minimum of 2 to 4 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Payroll experience is a MUST, preference will be given to those who have Ceridian experience
- Knowledge of Employment Law
- Intermediate skill in use of Microsoft Office 365 products
- Excellent in Excel application such as VLookUp, Pivot Table, if and macro, etc.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and activities in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Ability to use analytical and problem-solving skills in completing work
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, multi-tasking, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural backgrounds
Assets / Nice-to-Haves:
- Preference will be given to bilingual candidates (French and English)
- Ability to communicate in Chinese is an asset
- PCP (Payroll Compliance Practitioner) Certificate preferred
- Full group benefits (Medical, Dental, Life), Paid Vacation, Paid Statutory Holiday, etc.
If you meet the requirements above, please send us your resume by E-mail with the position you are applying for as the “Subject” to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The HR team can be reached through text message, WhatsApp or WeChat at 236-334-7369 for inquiries. Please note that telephone calls will not be received through this number.
Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities, if you need accommodation in relation to the materials or process to be used in the selection, please contact our Human Resources Department via email at email@example.com or telephone 604-432-9000 Ext. 2290.
Please also indicate where you learned about this employment opportunity.
At Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd., we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.