Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd. is one of the leading importers and distributors of Asian food products from the Pacific Rim and other regions of the world. We are currently looking for a team-player to ensure the highest quality of our food brands that comply with the North American food safety standards.
*Applicants may be considered for either the Quality Assurance Officer position or the more senior Quality Assurance Supervisor position depending on their level of experience, knowledge and capability.
Quality Assurance (QA) Officer:
The QA Officer is responsible for ensuring food safety and quality of our imported products by reviewing product related documents and verifying product compliance as per Canadian regulations (FDR, SFCR and other applicable regulations). In addition, QA Officer will liaise with Customers, Loblaw and CFIA to ensure the compliance of regulatory requirements and Company SOPs.
- Review product QA documents (specification, ingredients, allergens, CoA, labelling and plant food safety documents) and verify product compliance based on Canadian regulations
- Maintain and update SOPs, WIs, QA Item/Vendor DB and other QA logs/trackers for record keeping
- Implement company PCP and SOPs as per SFCR requirement
- Coordinate cross-departmental projects (Item development, Recall, Customer complaints, Hold and Release etc.)
- Handle customer complaint/non-compliant products: investigate the root cause and take the appropriate corrective action plan
- Participate in Internal and External Audit in warehouse and food processing factories and follow up with non-conformances
- Assist Warehouse operation to implement Loblaw SOPs
- Liaise with CFIA for inspection, audit and non-compliant products
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor:
The QA Supervisor provides support to Management, Purchasing and other departments in all matters related to Food safety and Quality. This position will be also responsible for leading the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of Food safety quality system across the company.
- Oversee and drive the daily operation of QA team
- Hold and Release
- Product compliance monitoring including CoA review
- Handling of customer complaint/non-compliant product, investigation and follow up etc.
- Addressing non-conformity to Management team in timely manner
- Review QA documents (specification, ingredients, allergens, CoA, labelling and plant food safety documents) and verify product compliance based on Canadian regulations
- Enforce and verify PCP and SOPs implementation in the company as per SFCR requirements
- Create, maintain and update all QA documentation (ie. PCP, SOPs, WIs, Forms, DB etc.) as needed
- Lead cross departmental projects (Item development, Recall, Customer complaints, etc.)
- Provide training and support for colleagues to follow SOPs and Regulatory requirements
- Lead in all internal and external audits/inspections (ie, Warehouse, CFIA, Loblaws, Food processing factories etc.) and take the appropriate corrective action for non-conformances in timely manner
- Assist QA Manager/President to develop and improve company’s Food safety and Quality program and serve as their replacement when required
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in food science
- 2-3 years of progressive work experience in a relevant role in food industry
- Strong knowledge of food regulatory standard and labeling review that meets CFIA requirements and its application in food industry
- Practical knowledge of the principles of Food Safety Standards (e.g. HACCP), the evaluation of Food Safety Control Programs, and Canadian food regulations is required
- Comprehensive understanding of manufacturing and laboratory practice as well as label development is required
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Good command of spoken and written English
- A self-starter who is able to work independently and is a good team player
- A problem solver and an advocate for continuous improvements
- Ability to multi-task, detail oriented, analytical, organized and able to adapt to a dynamic environment
Assets/ Nice-to-Haves for QA Officer and QA Supervisor:
- Be able to speak Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese or Korean is considered an asset for foreign communication
- Experience working with the seafood industry is an asset
- Full group benefits (Medical, Dental, Life), Paid Vacation, Paid Statutory Holiday, etc.
Apply Now:If you meet the requirements above, please send us your resume by E-mail with the position you are applying for as the “Subject” to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please also indicate where you learned about this employment opportunity.
At Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd., we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.