Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd. is one of the leading importers and distributors of Asian food products from the Pacific Rim and other regions of the world. We are currently expanding to include a Buyer in our Purchasing Department.
This role is responsible for working closely with sales teams and management on Brand Sourcing in the successful execution of sourcing & procurement strategies for innovation & product development. This key role is responsible for source & cost negotiation of all new product development, identifying any & all initiatives that will reduce cost, maximize sales and profitability on our business.
- Planning category strategy at a high-level, communicating to key stakeholders
- Negotiating item costs, choosing item prices to maximize margin dollars while managing competitiveness
- Forecasting, Inventory and Open to Buy management
- Overall inventory management allowing for initial buy quantities
- Items exiting the assortment, clearance strategies and overall clearance inventory levels
- Developing promotional and marketing campaigns, in conjunction with key stakeholders, negotiating with suppliers’ promotional support, giveaways, signage support, etc.
- Working with all stakeholders to ensure excellent execution of all aspects of marketing and promotional campaigns
- Maintaining positive working relationships with key suppliers, in addition to frequent and quick communication with vendors
- Preparing for and conducting regular meetings with suppliers
- Attending trade shows to meet with existing vendors and source new vendors
- Administrative activities relevant to their role including purchase order management, master data management, ecommerce data management, etc.
- Collaborating with finance team in resolving discrepancies, disputes and other issues arising from invoice and purchase order resolution.
Requirements / Must-Haves:
- Post-secondary education with a background in merchandising, buying, international trade
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in Retail/ Buying
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically in Excel.
- Strong financial acumen & negotiation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), problem solving skills, & influencing skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Highly organized and has a high degree of attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently
- Naturally proactive with a high degree of self-discipline, drive and organizational skills
- Highly collaborative with the ability work with and foster great working relationships with various teams within the Company
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Assets / Nice-to-Haves:
- Language – any Asian foreign language is an asset
- Full group benefits (Medical, Dental, Life), Paid Vacation, Paid Statutory Holiday, etc.
If you meet the requirements above, please send us your resume by E-mail with the position you are applying for as the “Subject” to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The HR team can be reached through text message, WhatsApp or WeChat at 236-334-7369 for inquiries. Please note that telephone calls will not be received through this number.
Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities, if you need accommodation in relation to the materials or process to be used in the selection, please contact our Human Resources Department via email at email@example.com.
Please also indicate where you learned about this employment opportunity.
At Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd., we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.