Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd. is one of the leading importers and distributors of Asian food products from the Pacific Rim and other regions of the world. We are currently expanding to include an Accounts Receivable Coordinator in our Finance Department.
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator reports to the Financial Controller and is an integral part of the Finance Department. The Accounts Receivable Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring all activities of the accounts receivable function including leading, motivating and retaining a team of high performing employee(s) that can deliver the results required to support our continuous growth and the full accounts receivable process.
- Coordinate all activities of the AR function and day-to-day operations
- Monitor accounts daily to identify where follow up and collection activities are necessary, preparing and organizing documentation necessary to collect payment.
- Monitor incoming cash for accuracy, credit limits, cheque, eTransfer, EFT payments daily.
- Process credit applications, including reviewing credit holds and releasing customer orders on hold
- Set up and maintaining accounts and terms
- Provide high quality customer service regarding collection issues, processing customer refunds, reviewing account adjustments, resolving client discrepancies and short payments
- Accountable for reduced delinquency, enlisting efforts of sales and senior management where necessary to accelerate the collections process and share information
- Monthly and quarterly close, reconciliations, analysis, audits and external filing support
- Monitor and ensure appropriate controls are in place for adherence to accounting principles and company policies, access points and internal controls (pertaining to the AR function), adherence to policy targets (metrics)
- Identify, create, and establish ongoing evaluation key AR metrics (e.g. Days Sales Outstanding, AR Turnover, etc.); develop monitoring and remediation plans as required
- Participate in the development of AR policies, procedures, and documenting processes to develop training manuals.
- Review and manage AR aging on a weekly basis; direct and guide AR team on customers to call and collections process. Proactively investigate and resolve AR related issues independently and in collaboration with other departments. Liaise with customers on discrepancies. Work with Account Managers to ensure accurate billing and timely delivery to customers.
- Oversee the period-end close of relevant sub-ledgers
- Ensure that adequate systems, procedures, and controls are in place within the accounts receivable function; drive, develop and implement accounts receivable process improvements
- Ensure transactions are properly supported and approved in accordance with company policy and statutory requirements
- Ensure that processing activities are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Oversee the monthly reconciliation of associated general ledger accounts
- Ensure that accounts receivable master records are properly maintained and controlled
- Assist project managers and operations staff; respond to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs
- Train staff, test and work on upgrades to system software as needs arise.
- Provide coverage and support to other finance functions as required due to increase in transaction volume or as needed by management.
- Assist the management team with ad-hoc related tasks
Requirements / Must-Haves:
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Three to five years of full cycle (order to cash) accounts receivable experience
- Third-party claim submission (grocery) experience is a huge asset but not a requirement
- Two to three years in managerial capacity is preferred
- Experience in high volume and complex billing structures
- Superb leadership skills to guide and mentor a group of high performing AR team
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt; maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy while working with complex data in an environment of ever-changing deadlines, priorities and requirements
- Results-oriented, process driven; demonstrated experience implementing best practices within the AR function with a key focus on achieving corporate metrics/targets and continuous improvement
- Time management and follow-up skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to review own work to identify mistakes
- Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations
- Advanced Excel skills (vlookup, IF statement, pivot table, etc.) with experience working with ERP software (Sage 300) and
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation) in English
- Ability to display a professional manner and approach with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Ability to protect sensitive company information and remain confidential
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Assets / Nice-to-Haves:
- College Diploma with Certificate in accounting (or equivalent)
- knowledge of ASPE accounting and EDI is preferred
- Full group benefits (Medical, Dental, Life), Paid Vacation, Paid Statutory Holiday, etc.
If you meet the requirements above, please send us your resume by E-mail with the position you are applying for as the “Subject” to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The HR team can be reached through text message, WhatsApp or WeChat at 236-334-7369 for inquiries. Please note that telephone calls will not be received through this number.
Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities, if you need accommodation in relation to our recruitment process or materials, please contact our Human Resources Department via email at email@example.com or telephone 604-432-9000 Ext. 2290.
Please also indicate where you learned about this employment opportunity.
At Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd., we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.